Freedom

Lisa Walford

Jan 19, 2021, 6:35:25 PM1/19/21
to Lisa Walford Pranayama
This word is flying around the country now;  in newspapers, on computer screens, on many lips and in so many hearts. I looked up a few synonyms, and found the list that follows.
Such a universal trumpet call for current Western culture, and perhaps also such powerful personal invitation. What I considered freedom in my twenties is so different then it is now, in my sixties. The Dalai Lama says that kindness and compassion are his religion. None of these synonyms for freedom implies this. What is implied is that there would be no tyranny with a foundation of kindness.
My invitation is that we each find a resource in our breath to cultivate kindness and, through that foundation, build a new definition of freedom that is not quite as "self" oriented. Can you choose to govern your own breath with kindness? There are no rules here, rather, an invitation to extend an open hand and heart to the experience of breath.    Join me Wednesday early, 7:30 am Pacific Standard Time, for an hour of kindness..
  • autonomy,
  • independence,
  • liberty,
  • self-determination,
  • self-governance,
  • self-government,
  • sovereignty.
  • self sufficiency
  • the state of not being imprisoned or enslaved