Love, Sorrow, Grief and Compassion, Kabir

Lisa Walford

Mar 30, 2022, 3:23:04 PM3/30/22
to Lisa Walford Pranayama

Kabir was a 15th century poet and musician born in Varanasi, India. While he is now considered a great visionary of the tenderist kind, in his time he was ridiculed and lived the life of a pauper. His poetry evokes the fine line between suffering, sorrow and freedom. Throughout history we find stories of war, famine, oppression, valiance, courage, and the mythology of the inner quest. Within the outlines of our inner lives we will find similar patterns, times when we feel abandoned, shamed, betrayed; and cycles of courage, solitude, elation and belonging.

This Saturday I am teaching a workshop on Love, Sorrow, Grief and Compassion that will include several meditation techniques, yoga practice, discussion and a presentation on yoga and the nervous system. To join me, check it out here:

https://urbanashramyoga.com/events/yoga-for-every-generation

Kabir:

I had to seek the Physician

Because of the pain this world

caused

me.

I could not believe what happened when I got there –

I found my

Teacher.

Before I left, he said

“Up for a little homework, yet?”