Matins, Blessings.

Lisa Walford

Nov 17, 2021, 5:36:09 PM11/17/21
to Lisa Walford Pranayama
John O'Donohue was a priest, poet and philosopher widely respected and loved for how he cherished and integrated creative and reverential elements into his life and work. After he left the priesthood he was sought as a consultant to executives who wished to transform their workplace: "on integrating a sense of soul and of beauty into their leadership and their imagination about the people with whom they work." (Wikipedia).
Many current poets who I admire have referenced O'Donohue as being inspirational in their lives including David Whyte and Krista Tippit.
The excerpt included here is from a longer Blessing in his book "To Bless the Space Between Us". In the book, O'Donohue explains "blessing" as a way of life, as a lens through which the whole world is transformed. Matins is a service of morning prayer..

May you find some rest in the months ahead and may your holidays be a blessing in whatever you do and wherever you find yourself. This largely depends on where we place our awareness. In these painful times, remember that we can each be a blessing to one another by listening, hearing, and respecting one another. much love..

Matins,  by John O’Donohue

I arise today

In the name of Silence

Womb of the Word.