The Pause

Lisa Walford

Aug 9, 2021, 3:33:22 PM8/9/21
to Lisa Walford Pranayama
These are interesting times.. I remember, as a young woman, my father explained that the word "interesting" was somewhat banal; as anyone who used that word was adverse to taking a stand on an issue, one way or another. And now, our world seems so polarized, I can only say that it is interesting. That is how I feel at this moment. With so much at stake, I hardly know where to start. So I start by stopping.
Every morning. In our classes, Savasana - the process of consciously letting go or untying the threads that we think weave us into the pattern we call our lives - Savasana is a major turning point. We pivot.

There is an innocence that arises when we are completely present, free of association, of past, future, fear, hope. These are interesting times. The only thing I count on are the moments of refuge in my practice. Practice being present.

Perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add but when there is no longer anything to take away.  Antoine de Saint-Exupery, from The Sand and Stars (1900-1944)

From the Heart Sutra, as translated by Ken Mcleod

He came this far,
But now the waters of life
Stand in his way.

One by one
He lets them go,
Thought, emotion, identity, and belief.

Without boat or raft or crystal canoe,
He arrives
On the other shore.

then, in the same book: by Leonard Cohen
You lose your grip, and then you slip
Into the Masterpiece.

See you on Wednesday, 7:30 - 8:30 AM PDT on the https://athome.yogaworks.com/
Deep peace and simple joys