Vigil for Jasmine, Sunday AM

Lisa Walford

Jan 30, 2021, 5:40:34 PM1/30/21
to Lisa Walford Pranayama
Many of you knew Jasmine, either through your yoga studies or as a member of the teaching faculty at Yoga Works. If you have recently joined my virtual classes, then please accept that these messages are in recognition of a bright light in our community. My friend, colleague and teacher Christopher Chapple is hosting this vigil:

To honor our beloved Jasmine, a fifteen minute vigil will convene on Zoom,
Sunday, January 31st, 2021, from 8 to 8:15 a.m. The link is below.
Please enter in silence.
If technology serves us well, you will find an image of Jasmine.
Please pin it to your screen (see three dots in upper right of your image).
Keep muted. You can toggle to see the faces of those who join us.

Please direct your best wishes and love toward Jasmine for this silent time.

According to Jewish and Confucian tradition, she lives on in Casey and Casey's family.
According to Buddhist tradition, she is lingering, watching over us, seeking our help for 49 days.
According to Hindu tradition, as her ashes merge with the clouds, her essence will return on drops of rain to earth,
she will become food, and return after many moons. Or she will be forever free.
According to Jain tradition, her defining good act committed in the past 22 years will deliver her immediately to an auspicious new life.
Or she will be forever free.
According to Christian tradition, Jasmine's good works have earned her a place in heaven.

As we sit in silence, please bring to mind transformative moments you have experienced with Jasmine.
At the end of the fifteen minutes, feel free to write a sentence or two in the chat.
These will be shared with Casey.
The session will end at 8:25.

Please forward this message.

Topic: Jasmine Lieb Vigil
Time: Jan 31, 2021 08:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://lmula.zoom.us/j/89997263355

Meeting ID: 899 9726 3355
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,89997263355# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,89997263355# US (Houston)

--

Christopher Key Chapple

Doshi Professor of Indic and Comparative Theology
Director, Master of Arts in Yoga Studies
Fulbright Nehru Fellow, New Delhi, Aug 15 - Dec 15, 2019

Theological Studies

University Hall 3700
1 LMU Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659