Kindness and Mending

Lisa Walford

Dec 18, 2020, 7:57:31 PM12/18/20
to Lisa Walford Pranayama
Hello everyone! As we approach the longest night of the year, I hope that you are finding time for yourself; for reflection and renewal. On Friday I recited a gem from Adam Gordon who wrote: "Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own."
The Dalai Lama says that his "religion" is kindness. I used to think of kindness as a rather obvious sweet gesture. The more I consider the impact of kindness; kindness as doing what is really required, a kind of sacrifice or action taken with love for the greater good (first responders, RGB), I realize that practicing kindness is the jewel of yoga in action. And sometimes it takes courage to practice kindness. 2021, kindness is the key!

We have so much talent in our community!
On Wednesday we were moved by Robbie Nester's poem called Season of Mending from her collection Narrow Bridge, which was published in 2019.
You can order a copy of her book directly from her by emailing Robbie at:
The book is $14. plus $3.99 postage
 Or you can order at http://www.mainstreetragbookstore.com
It is always sweeter to order directly from the author, if possible.

I will be teaching on Christmas and New Year day. I hope to see you at one of these celebrations! Lisa