full moon inspirations

Lisa Walford

Jan 29, 2021, 2:06:00 AM1/29/21
to Lisa Walford Pranayama
On Wednesday I shared the following poem. To give it some context, the last line says: "Turn me into song; sing me awake". When a disciple of the Buddha asked him: Sir, are you a man or a God? The Buddha told him, neither, I am awake.
As I look around me, at the sky, full moon, as I look within me, listening, listening.. yes, sing me awake! Enjoy this poem, and every Wednesday, a new offering.. I find that it is often helpful to read a poem several times.
How Beautiful the Beloved, by Gregory Orr (contemporary American poet)

This is what was bequeathed us:

This earth the beloved left

And, leaving,

Left to us.

No other world

But this one:

Willows and the river

And the factory

With its black smokestacks.

No other shore, only this bank

On which the living gather.

No meaning but what we find here.

No purpose but what we make.

That, and the beloved’s clear instructions:

Turn me into song; sing me awake.