So... Google Earth VR

Andrew Leahy

Nov 17, 2016, 3:02:40 AM11/17/16
to liquid-galaxy
-- is pretty amazing see'ing Google Earth in good stereo 3d.

-- the shaders look similar to the Earth 7.0.3.x I keep hanging around for screen shots.

-- the flight controls are pretty good. Thumb forwards to move in direction of controller, thumb back to fly backwards. So you can look forwards and strafe left/right. Probably has about the same learning curve as the Space Nav.

-- has neat atmospheric muzak
-- has some neat builtin tours, checkout Solar Eclipse!

I wonder if we could connect this to/from Liquid Galaxy Earth?

Although I can surf Liquid Galaxy for hours, I had mega eye-strain after about 30minutes with the HTC Vive with this app. It's not a motion thing, it's a focus-thing.

--
Andrew | Western Sydney University