unable to read file system

fuge...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2020, 1:02:02 PM8/21/20
to Linux Users Group
Under gparted a micro sd card is shown to contain an unreadable exfat filesystem so it's listed under partitions as sdb exfat with a yellow triangle exclamation point instead of sdb1 exfat Since there's no partition number I can't run fsck
testdisk says there's no file found on the exfat filesystem, so then can I assume there are no files on the card? I don't wanna "assume" and lose a whole lot of data

James Cue

Aug 22, 2020, 2:39:49 PM8/22/20
to linuxus...@googlegroups.com
Can you access the file(s) on sd card using either a text editor or a file manager?

If not look here:

Or here:

Both show how to recover lost files on an inaccessible SD card.

If you have any other problems, let me know?

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020, 12:02 PM fuge...@gmail.com <fuge...@gmail.com> wrote:
Under gparted a micro sd card is shown to contain an unreadable exfat filesystem so it's listed under partitions as sdb exfat with a yellow triangle exclamation point instead of sdb1 exfat Since there's no partition number I can't run fsck
testdisk says there's no file found on the exfat filesystem, so then can I assume there are no files on the card? I don't wanna "assume" and lose a whole lot of data

fuge...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2020, 5:09:22 PM8/25/20
to Linux Users Group
There was no data I was trying to recover I was only able to format this card to fat32 so that's the way I left it and started filling it up with data