VPN alternatives

Giridhur Sriram

Nov 25, 2016, 3:00:18 AM11/25/16
to Linux users IITM
Hello all,

I was using the old VPN server (following instructions on the old EE website) to access moodle and workflow from home. Moodle is once again a local website, and I would be really grateful if someone could tell me how to access Moodle or for that matter, any local insti website outside of campus.

Thanks,

Giridhur S.

Raj Kumar Manna

Nov 25, 2016, 3:46:22 AM11/25/16
to linuxus...@googlegroups.com

Hi Giridhur,

I use vdi connection to connect my lab machine from outside the campus. But for that you need to get a separate IDs from computer center.

Thanks
Raj

IIT Madras Linux Users' Group
http://groups.google.co.in/group/linuxusers_iitm
http://www.cse.iitm.ac.in/~osslab/wiki

---

Shahidh K Muhammed

Nov 25, 2016, 4:27:25 AM11/25/16
to linuxus...@googlegroups.com

You can give a request to computer center through your faculty advisor to get new username password for institute VPN.

Mahesh Mithreevan

Nov 25, 2016, 4:27:31 AM11/25/16
to linuxus...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Moodle can access from outside campus using URL courses.iitm.ac.in.

Mahesh
Networks, CC