Fwd: [ILUGC] ILUGC Monthly Meet - April 21, 2018 - 4-7 pm - IITM

Shakthi Kannan

Apr 19, 2018, 8:43:41 AM4/19/18
to linuxus...@googlegroups.com
FYI!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shrinivasan T <tshrin...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 7:35 PM
Subject: [ILUGC] ILUGC Monthly Meet - April 21, 2018 - 4-7 pm - IITM
To: il...@freelists.org

Hello all,

Indian Linux Users Group, Chennai [ ILUGC ] is spreading awareness on
Free/Open Source Software (F/OSS) in Chennai since January 1998.

We usually meet on the second Saturday of every month, and for the
month of April we shall meet on Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 1600 IST.
(Third Saturday, due to Apr 14 is Tamil new year)

Venue: Classroom No 1,
Aerospace Engineering,
Near Gajendra Circle,
IIT Madras.
Link for the Map: http://bit.ly/iitm-aero

Talk Details:

Talk 1 :

Title: iproute2

Speaker: Mohan R, moha...@gmail.com

Synopsis : Linux networking swiss army knife
Duration : 30 mins

About speaker : Just another linux user

Talk 2:

Topic : Android is my distro - Termux

Description :
Linux has done very well on the server, supercomputers, and now
mobile, but it never got very far on the desktop. However, Android,
which is built with linux, is now starting to focus on desktop use,
with docks like Samsung's DeX or laptop shells like Sentio's
Superbook. I'll talk about some of the technical underpinnings of
Android as a desktop OS, and present a live demo of the Termux app, an
open source terminal and package manager for Android.

Duration : 30-45 mins

Speaker : Ajay K., a software engineer in Chennai, di...@eml.cc

Talk 3:

Topic : Gnu Privacy Guard (GPG)

Duration : 30 - 45 Minutes

Speaker : Karthik Karunamoorthi, UNIX and GNU/Linux Administrator,
karth...@gmail.com

Talk 4:

Any lightling talk, questions/answer session.

Entry free. All are welcome.

--
Regards,
T.Shrinivasan

My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com
Free E-Magazine on Free Open Source Software in Tamil : http://kaniyam.com

Get Free Tamil Ebooks for Android, iOS, Kindle, Computer :
http://FreeTamilEbooks.com
ILUGC List: http://www.freelists.org/list/ilugc
ILUGC Web: http://ilugc.in/