I am trying to connect to my laptop to an external monitor.

Deepak K Pawar

Dec 7, 2020, 1:25:53 PM12/7/20
to Linux users IITM
Hello

I am trying to connect to my laptop to an external monitor.

I  using Ubuntu OS in the same system
The problem I am facing that, it could not detect the graphics card.
I guess there is a problem with the graphics card update.
I tried updating it and resulted in OS crashed very badly

Anyone had faced the same issue earlier
Can you share your experience or provide any solution for the same

Any help would be highly appreciated
Thanks

Shakthi Kannan

Dec 15, 2020, 3:32:20 AM12/15/20
to linuxus...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

--- On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 11:55 PM Deepak K Pawar
<deepakpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
| I am trying to connect to my laptop to an external monitor.
\--

Through which port? HDMI / DisplayPort / VGA?

---
| I using Ubuntu OS in the same system
\--

Which version?

---
| The problem I am facing that, it could not detect the graphics card.
\--

How did you come to this conclusion? Can you paste the output of the
following after you connect your laptop to the external monitor:

$ xrandr

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan