toolchain used for distributed kernel on ls2

閲覧: 35 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Niall Parker

未読、
2012/03/28 16:00:002012/03/28
To: linux...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm trying to add a few extra modules to my ls2 but I'm getting a seg
fault when I load them after building the kernel source from the ftp
site with the default arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc cross compiler available
from the emdebian repos (arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc (Debian 4.3.2-1.1) 4.3.2)

I suspect incompatibility between my cross compiler and that used for
the original build.

Is there a way to find out what gcc version was used on original kernel
supplied ? (uname -a gives
Linux ls2 2.6.36-rc3+ #39 Sat Jun 25 21:15:26 MST 2011 armv5tejl GNU/Linux
) ? The ftp site doesn't include the toolchain, just refers to
crosstool-ng.

I realize I could just update the kernel and all existing modules on my
board but at present I have only remote access via ssh, no serial
console/u-boot etc.

any suggestions appreciated, thanks ...

... Niall

Paul Thomas

未読、
2012/03/28 16:09:572012/03/28
To: linux...@googlegroups.com
I think this is what you want:
http://linuxstamp.budgetdedicated.com/index.php?dir=&file=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-20090309.tar.bz2

thanks,
Paul

> --

Niall Parker

未読、
2012/03/29 13:53:292012/03/29
To: linux...@googlegroups.com
On 12-03-28 01:09 PM, Paul Thomas wrote:
> I think this is what you want:
> http://linuxstamp.budgetdedicated.com/index.php?dir=&file=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-20090309.tar.bz2
I tried the toolchain above and after installing the freshly compiled
modules using insmod, modprobe or lsmod all hang (device wait according
to ps) instead of a segfault. Comparing the modules just compiled with
those already on the ls2, there is an additional flag set (SYSV) but
otherwise they appear to be equivalent.

I have been assuming that the .config provided with the kernel source on
the ftp site was the correct starting point (just added the extra
modules I was looking for) but perhaps there are multiple configs
possible ? Unfortunately the /proc/config.gz wasn't included (no doubt
to save spave) or I could have just pulled it from the running kernel.

If you have any other thoughts please let me know, otherwise this will
probably have to wait a couple months till I can get u-boot access to
replace the kernel.

Thanks.

... Niall

Paul Thomas

未読、
2012/03/29 14:04:292012/03/29
To: linux...@googlegroups.com
That should work. Are you doing the normal options i.e. 'make ARCH=arm
CROSS_COMPILE=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi- uImage' ?

Niall Parker

未読、
2012/04/04 17:00:572012/04/04
To: linux...@googlegroups.com
On 12-03-29 11:04 AM, Paul Thomas wrote:
> That should work. Are you doing the normal options i.e. 'make ARCH=arm
> CROSS_COMPILE=arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi- uImage' ?
I tried that and still got segfaults (was using the default make target
previously) but after starting again from scratch (kernel tarball from
ftp site) I got it working ... thanks for the help!

... Niall

全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送