NAND parts & drivers

andyhunti

May 1, 2012, 1:53:23 PM5/1/12
to linuxstamp
Hi there,

I'm just wondering about creating a new board based around the
AT91SAM9G20 as per the Linuxstamp II and looking into the NAND part
(in my case the MT29f2G08AAD) it's been obsolete for a while now.There
are a number of parts which appear to be potential substitutes eg.
MT29F2G08ABAEAWP:E but I'd like to know if I'm likely to run into
software problems swapping out for whatever is the most likely
replacement part?

Would I have to write a new driver?

Paul, did you ever post a full BOM for the LSII?

Andy

Paul Thomas

May 1, 2012, 11:20:14 PM5/1/12
to linux...@googlegroups.com
I think the important part is just the MT29f2G08, but you'd have to
check the datasheets to be sure, the most important thing is the page
size I think.

thanks,
Paul