GPS

Yitzi

Mar 1, 2012, 2:07:11 PM3/1/12
to linuxstamp
Hi

Has anyone had success interfacing a GPS (USB, embedded etc) to the
LinuxStamp.

Do you have any tips and which hardware did you use

Regards

Paul Thomas

Mar 1, 2012, 2:26:10 PM3/1/12
to linux...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it's very easy. For the software gpsd (http://catb.org/gpsd/)
works well, and it should be installable with just apt-get. Then you
can tie any NMEA output device to a serial port. I used an old RS-232
device once, but the newer 3.3V logic level devices should be able to
tie directly into the RX serial line without any conditioning. One
possible device is something like this:
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9758

thanks,
Paul

Paul Thomas

Mar 1, 2012, 2:28:16 PM3/1/12
to linux...@googlegroups.com
Or this one:
http://search.digikey.com/us/en/products/28500/28500-ND/2666943

Since it looks like the other one isn't sold anymore.

thanks,
Paul