LS2 serial console

Niall Parker

Oct 7, 2011, 1:55:49 PM10/7/11
to linux...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Just looking at the LS2 serial console interface, I don't have the FTDI
cable at the moment and so was considering using another ttl serial
interface ... I can't find any reference in the 9G20 datasheet though
indicating that the DRXD line is 5v tolerant, yet the serial header only
provides a 5v reference/supply (according to the schematic), with no
connection to VDDIO.

Is any additional data available on the FTDI cable sold on the shop (ie
mfg/model #, specs and/or pinout) ?

Thanks.

... Niall

Paul Thomas

Oct 7, 2011, 1:59:57 PM10/7/11
to linux...@googlegroups.com
Here's the datasheet:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/DataSheets/Cables/DS_TTL-232R_CABLES.pdf

The power is 5v, but all signals are 3.3v (both on the cable and ls2
side). I would NOT use 5v signal levels.

thanks,
Paul

Niall Parker

Oct 7, 2011, 3:05:31 PM10/7/11
to linux...@googlegroups.com
On 11-10-07 10:59 AM, Paul Thomas wrote:
> Here's the datasheet:
> http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/DataSheets/Cables/DS_TTL-232R_CABLES.pdf
>
> The power is 5v, but all signals are 3.3v (both on the cable and ls2
> side). I would NOT use 5v signal levels.
So the particular model is the TTL-232R-3V3 ? Glad I checked ...

Thanks !

... Niall