9g20 nand erase everything, how to recover ?

Victor

Sep 15, 2011, 4:16:44 AM9/15/11
to linuxstamp
Hi all,
i mistakenly erase everything inside the NAND.
how can i flash back the at bootstrap also the u-boot ?
please help
thanks,
victor

Paul Thomas

Sep 15, 2011, 10:32:07 AM9/15/11
to linux...@googlegroups.com
You'll need to use either a JTAG or the SAM-BA tool.

thanks,
Paul

Miguel Wisintainer

Sep 15, 2011, 10:39:06 AM9/15/11
to linux...@googlegroups.com
Using SAMBA

> Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 01:16:44 -0700
> Subject: 9g20 nand erase everything, how to recover ?
> From: che...@gmail.com
> To: linux...@googlegroups.com

Victor

Sep 15, 2011, 10:51:44 PM9/15/11
to linuxstamp
Thanks for your reply
I tried to use SAM-BA
but after i select the "COM3" (which is my linuxstamp)
the SAM-BA windows disappear, and no matter how long i wait, it
doesn't show the main GUI
until i unplug my linuxstamp, it come out with cannot connect message

how to use sam-ba with linuxstamp ?

thanks,
victor

On Sep 15, 10:39 pm, Miguel Wisintainer <tcpipc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Using SAMBA
>

> > Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 01:16:44 -0700
> > Subject: 9g20 nand erase everything, how to recover ?
> > From: chen...@gmail.com

Victor

Sep 16, 2011, 2:14:15 AM9/16/11
to linuxstamp
Thanks all
I just get my SAM-BA connected to my linuxstamp (by selecting board :
no board)
but i dunno how to use it to flash it
i tried select "NAND" and "send file"
but no luck
please help :(

Paul Thomas

Sep 16, 2011, 2:19:31 AM9/16/11
to linux...@googlegroups.com
I just use a JTAG, but others have put this together:
http://www.opencircuits.com/Linuxstamp_II_9260#Flashing_with_Atmel_SAM-BA

thanks,
Paul

Victor

Sep 16, 2011, 4:25:52 AM9/16/11
to linuxstamp
Thanks so much
it work for me
i have one more question,
as mentioned in open circuits, if wanna disable the NAND flash, need
to put pin 9 to high
does anyone know which two pin should i short for doing that ?
thanks
Victor

On Sep 16, 2:19 pm, Paul Thomas <pthomas8...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just use a JTAG, but others have put this together:http://www.opencircuits.com/Linuxstamp_II_9260#Flashing_with_Atmel_SA...

Victor

Sep 16, 2011, 4:44:19 AM9/16/11
to linuxstamp
thanks all,
i successfully shorted pin 8 and pin 9 of NAND flash to disable it

Paul Thomas

Sep 16, 2011, 10:51:54 AM9/16/11
to linux...@googlegroups.com
fine tweezers