Lightweight Distributions

LM

Jun 19, 2012, 7:59:01 AM6/19/12
to LinuxForOldComputers
These may be of interest for someone looking to run a lightweight
Linux distribution on an older machine:

http://delicate-linux.net/
http://www.remastersys.com/forums/index.php?topic=2345.0
Message has been deleted

Delparc

Aug 25, 2012, 6:33:17 PM8/25/12
to linuxforol...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this information LM. I can never understand why so many upgrade to higher spec PCs when the older systems often work satisfactorily. I obtain and restore older desktops and laptops and enjoy the challenge but I am not an expert and learn from my defaults and only take on the task occasionally. It should be added that I am retired and doing this helps to keep me occupied. I give those units away to anyone who requires one which is often members of my family but have also helped families who foster children and hostels for ex-offenders etc.