It's Time to Do something about It...

1 view

Jun 1, 2007, 5:22:17 PM6/1/07
to Linux4All
Quote: from "gnome.org"

No Standard Location
With no standard location, 3rd party application developers do not
know where to install their .desktop files for them to be picked up by
the menu. Many distributions have their own idea of where this
location should be, creating a large amount of unecessary
inconsistency and heartache trying to integrate your application on
various distributions.

End Quote:

What are we going to do ? nothing, just like bush during 911

Let get it together, we Can !
these kind of problems don't have to exist...

Xav

Jun 1, 2007, 5:34:05 PM6/1/07
to Linux4All

ajdl...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2007, 3:39:27 AM6/2/07
to Linux4All digest subscribers

OK, two things you have to do to start getting things fixed:

1) Write a spec. A full specification. Not just vague ideas.
2) Post it somewhere, preferably somewhere other than a mailing list
that has about three subscribers.

--
Andrew Donnellan
ajdlinuxATgmailDOTcom (primary) ajdlinuxATexemailDOTcomDOTau (secure)

Jun 2, 2007, 4:16:56 PM6/2/07
to Linux4All
Awesome, can you assist me ?

lets do it !

and we'll send it to Fedora Developers... if you'd like...

Xav

ajdl...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2007, 3:54:59 AM6/3/07
to Linux4All digest subscribers

No, for three reasons:
1) I don't agree with you
2) I don't have time
3) I don't use Fedora. (Debian all the way!!)

Jun 3, 2007, 2:03:28 PM6/3/07
to Linux4All
OK...

1) it ok, you may not be smart enough to understand why it needs to be
done
go to gnome.org and read some of their articles, even they agree with
me...
2) I can understand that, sincerely
3) you sound like a jarhead that hates the army, they are all on the
same side(US Forces)
Linux is Linux...

this is a pivotal moment Linux, it's one chance in a lifetime to
dominate the OS industry
where no big brother would be looking over our shoulders.

" for what we do in life , echo's an

thanks,
Xav