[Samba] Samba4 internal dns server cannot find ldap

steve

Feb 12, 2012, 4:30:02 AM2/12/12
Version 4.0.0alpha18-GIT-567f05e
Ubuntu 11.10

../source4/dsdb/dns/dns_update.c:294: Failed DNS update -
NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT
dns child failed to find name '_ldap._tcp.HH3.SITE' of type SRV
finddcs: Failed to find SRV record for _ldap._tcp.HH3.SITE

Is there anything I need to configure in the internal server?
Thanks,
Steve

Kai Blin

Feb 14, 2012, 2:00:02 AM2/14/12

Daniel Müller

Feb 14, 2012, 3:30:02 AM2/14/12
Set,
interfaces=your.realip.add

cldap need this to work. Do not use localhost.
In my case it did the trick.

Good Luck
Daniel

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24
72076 Tübingen

Tel.: 07071/206-463, Fax: 07071/206-499
eMail: mue...@tropenklinik.de
Internet: www.tropenklinik.de

>> ../source4/dsdb/dns/dns_update.c:294: Failed DNS update -
>> NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT dns child failed to find name
>> '_ldap._tcp.HH3.SITE' of type SRV finddcs: Failed to find SRV
>> record for _ldap._tcp.HH3.SITE
>>
>> Is there anything I need to configure in the internal server?
> That's the client component throwing the error message. What's your
> resolv.conf setup, and what's your smb.conf and provision settings?
>
> Cheers,
> Kai
>
> - -
Hi Kai,

fqdn hh3.hh3.site IP 192.168.1.3

cat /etc/resolv.conf
search hh3.site dragonet.es
nameserver 192.168.1.3
nameserver 192.168.1.1

dragonet.es=my ISP
192.168.1.1= our router. Points to the external DNS of the ISP

cat /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
server role = domain controller
workgroup = CACTUS
realm = hh3.site
netbios name = HH3
passdb backend = samba4
template shell = /bin/bash
[netlogon]
path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/hh3.site/scripts
read only = No
[sysvol]
read only = No
[home]
path = /home/CACTUS
read only = No
[profiles]
path = /home/CACTUS/profiles
read only = No
[dropbox]
path=home/CACTUS/dropbox
read only = No

./provision --realm= hh3.site --domain=CACTUS --adminpass=Abc@1234
--server-role='domain controller' --dns-backend=SAMBA_INTERNAL

Is there a way of specifying a forwarder with your internal server?
Cheers,
Steve

Daniel Müller

Feb 17, 2012, 2:10:02 AM2/17/12
[global]
server role = domain controller
workgroup = CACTUS
realm = hh3.site
netbios name = HH3
passdb backend = samba4
template shell = /bin/bash
----> interfaces= xxx.yyy.zzz #<-------- I think this is missing, in my
case I need to set this for the internal dns to work.

On 02/17/2012 08:05 AM, Daniel Müller wrote:
> [global]
> server role = domain controller
> workgroup = CACTUS
> realm = hh3.site
> netbios name = HH3
> passdb backend = samba4
> template shell = /bin/bash
> ----> interfaces= xxx.yyy.zzz #<-------- I think this is missing, in my
> case I need to set this for the internal dns to work.

> EDV Daniel Müller

> ./provision --realm= hh3.site --domain=CACTUS --adminpass=Abc@1234
> --server-role='domain controller' --dns-backend=SAMBA_INTERNAL
Hi Daniel
What's the syntax of the xxx.yyy.zzz?
my fqdn is hh3.hh3.site with IP 192.168.1.3

I'm on Ubuntu with bind9.9.0 beta at the moment. It's a test setup but
to save fiddling around, can we keep what we already have? I thought of:

tar /private /somewhere
mv samba.conf smb.conf.steve
provision --dns-backind=SAMBA_INTERNAL
cp smb.conf.steve back to smb.conf
add your interfaces=??? to it

and hope for the best. Or are we talking about a clean install from nothing?
Thanks,

Daniel Müller

Feb 17, 2012, 3:50:02 AM2/17/12
Interfaces= 192.168.1.3