[Samba] Can connect and work with Samba share from Windows host, but "net view" returns "System error 6118"

Winfried via samba

Mar 21, 2017, 1:50:03 PM3/21/17
Hello

I'm running Samba 3.6.6 on a Debian appliance on a private LAN.

Here's the host's /etc/samba/smb.conf:
==============
[global]
workgroup = WORKGROUP
netbios name = LINUX

security = user
map to guest = Bad User
;default user = nobody

hosts allow = 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.0/24
hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0

log level = 2

wins support = yes
local master = yes
preferred master = yes

[myshare]
path = /usr/share/myshare
guest ok = yes
writeable=yes
browseable=yes

force create mode = 0644
create mask = 0664
security mask = 0664
force security mode = 0664

I can connect and read/write just fine from a remote Windows 7 host using
the "net use z: \\linux\myshare" command, but the "net view" command returns
the following error: "System error 6118 has occurred. The list of servers
for this workgroup is not currently available".

Any idea why Windows' Network Neighborhood is empty?

Thank you.