[Samba] Correct remedy for winbindd sulking on 3.0.30?

John Marshall

Jul 9, 2008, 7:00:15 AM7/9/08
Greetings,

I have recently upgraded from 3.0.28a to 3.0.30 on a couple of FreeBSD 7.0
servers: one in a Windows 2000 Active Directory environment, and the other
in a Windows 2003 Active Directory environment, as member servers.
Everything works for a while and then winbindd goes into sulking mode.
Re-starting fixes everythng for a little while.

I'm guessing I've hit the winbindd bug described here:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2008-June/141041.html

What is the recommended resolution?
1. Apply the patch included in the post referenced above?
2. Apply a different patch?
3. Upgrade to version n?
5. Something else?

If there is a prticular patch recommended I would like to include it in a PR
to the FreeBSD samba port maintainer. The current FreeBSD net/samba3 port is
3.0.30.

Thank you for your help.

--
John Marshall

Michael Adam

Jul 11, 2008, 10:50:15 AM7/11/08
Hi,

This should have been fixed in the just released 3.0.31.
Please try that!
For more details regarding the fix you cite below, see
bug #5504 on bugzilla.samba.org.

Cheers - Michael

--
Michael Adam <m...@sernet.de> <ob...@samba.org>
phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9