[Samba] hpux samba3 logon script not running

Arjit Gupta via samba

Jan 24, 2017, 2:10:03 PM1/24/17
Hello,

I am new to this and trying to check how logon script runs.

But not able to do so. Though i am able to execute it later from the share
itself.

Below is my smb.conf file.

[global]
logon script = %U.bat
workgroup = cifsdom
security = user
netbios name = cifs
encrypt passwords = yes
password server = *
log file = /var/opt/samba/log.%m
debug level = 10
max log size = 1000
panic action = /var/opt/samba/panic-action %d
preserve case = yes
short preserve case = yes
dos filetime resolution = yes
read only = no
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
domain master = yes
local master = yes
preferred master = yes
domain logons = yes
wins support = no
wins server = machine ip
[homes]
comment = Home Directories
path = /home/%U
browseable = no
writable = no
create mask = 0700
directory mask = 0700
[tmp]
comment = Temporary file space
path = /tmp
read only = no
[netlogon]
comment = The domain logon service
path = /var/opt/samba/netlogon
writable = yes
browseable = no
guest ok = no

Arjit Kumar

Marc Muehlfeld via samba

Jan 24, 2017, 3:30:03 PM1/24/17
Hello Arjit,

Am 24.01.2017 um 14:41 schrieb Arjit Gupta via samba:
> I am new to this and trying to check how logon script runs.
>
> But not able to do so. Though i am able to execute it later from the share
> itself.
>
> Below is my smb.conf file.
>
> [global]
> logon script = %U.bat
> [netlogon]
> comment = The domain logon service
> path = /var/opt/samba/netlogon

Is the logon script available directly in the root of the "netlogon"
share? You use %U.bat, where %U is replaced with the user name (for
example "agupta.bat"). Can you please check if files for each user exist
in /var/opt/samba/netlogon/ ?

To make sure that it's not a problem of variable substitution, temporarily:
- Change "%U.bat" to "script.bat".
- Reload Samba.
- Create the file "/var/opt/samba/netlogon/script.bat" with some
content. For example:
net use X: \\cifs\tmp
- Verify that you can execute the script by double-clicking.
- Log on and see, if the X: drive is mapped.

Regards,
Marc

Arjit Gupta via samba

Mar 20, 2017, 12:50:03 AM3/20/17
Hi All,

As mentioned earlier i am new to this.
With my testing i am confused with below lines mentioned in Using Samba 2nd
edition subheading 4.4.

>>or to* log on* to the domain, in the case of Windows NT/2000/XP

>>Most commonly, the logon script is used to run a net command, such as net
>>use, to connect a network drive letter, like this:
>>net use T: \\toltec\test
>>This command will make our [test] share (from Chapter 2) show up as the
T: drive in My Computer.
>>This will happen automatically, and T: will be available to the user at
the beginning of her session, instead
>>of requiring her to run the net use command or connect the T: drive using
the Map Network Drive
>> function of Windows Explorer.

Query:- My understanding is samba only offers file, printer share services
and we authenticate user to access these services.
*Is it possible to logon from windows client directly to CIFS Domain ? If
so please share how could i do the same ?*

Usually i starts by login into my windows machine and then mount cifs drive
by using Map Network Drive.

Arjit Kumar
9650104435

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 1:50 AM, Marc Muehlfeld <mmueh...@samba.org>