WinXP & Samba oddities

1 view

Lightcap

Nov 14, 2001, 12:51:02 AM11/14/01
I'm using winXP's ability to rotate pictures in a folder with a right-click
and a context menu or using the filmstrip view (any folder can function as
in "My Pictures" if it is so customized). The strangeness appears when I
try to access my samba share that holds pictures. Thumbnails of the
pictures are generated just fine (the thumbs.db file is generated and stored
on the share). But, when I attempt to rotate the picture I get an error
saying: "You cannot rotate this image. The file might be in use or open in
another program, or the file might be read-only." It is absolutely not
read-only, and I've adjusted the permissions to be as permissive as
possible, on the off chance that a system user, besides my current user,
might be trying to write a tmp file.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

btw using samba 2.2.2