[Samba] I need to log user logon and logoff

Denis Morejon via samba

Mar 21, 2017, 11:10:04 AM3/21/17
I need to log to a separated file just user/computer logon and logoff.

I would like not to use log level > 2 to do this.

I have tried using vfs_full_audit but it works well into shares
definitions.

I don't care if the user access a shared directory, I just need to
record user login and logoff.

Thanks

Luke Barone via samba

Mar 21, 2017, 1:10:04 PM3/21/17
Although I don't know the solution, I'll help you formulate a better
quality question.

What version of Samba Server are you running?
What client computers are connecting?
Is Samba running in Active Directory mode, or in a PDC (NT4) mode?
Do you have at least one extra Domain Controller as well?