Global Proxy settings in Linux/Redhat

Dennis McCarthy

Nov 3, 2017, 12:45:13 PM11/3/17
Hi All,

I'm using a Red Hat 7 desktop environment and wondered if there's anyway to set a global proxy with username and password for authentication (not in clear text!) that can be used by all applications instead of separately listing each proxy, username & password in separate file like yum.conf, wgetrc, .gitconf etc.

I've looked at cntlm and it provides a local proxy and hashed password which is good but I need to pass instructions onto a load of other people and it's not as simple as I would like.

Does anyone have any suggestions on any other applications I could use or a way to bypass authentication on the proxy (i guess this would need my security team to approve which is doubtful).

Thanks for any suggestions, links and help.

Dennis