Manual Install of CentOS 7 on RAID1 + RAID 10 (UEFI)

Ruben Di Battista

Feb 29, 2016, 6:20:21 PM2/29/16
Hello everybody,

I've been struggling with this problem for two weeks without figuring it
out.

I need to install CentOs 7 on a UEFI machine manually. The strategy I'm
following is to install first the system on the first hard disk /dev/sda
and then migrate the data to the md arrays. Well, i get "Boot Failed"
and I cannot really figure it out why.

More details:
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/266094/install-centos-on-raid-manually-on-uefi-system

Or even:
https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56482

Any hints?

--
_
-. .´ |∞∞∞∞

Andreas Kohlbach

Mar 1, 2016, 4:04:17 PM3/1/16
Ruben Di Battista wrote on 29. February 2016:

> I've been struggling with this problem for two weeks without figuring it
> out.
>
> I need to install CentOs 7 on a UEFI machine manually. The strategy I'm
> following is to install first the system on the first hard disk /dev/sda
> and then migrate the data to the md arrays. Well, i get "Boot Failed"
> and I cannot really figure it out why.

It really doesn't say why?

Often it failed to mount / . Probable causes are missing or damaged
initrd or initramfs.
--
Andreas

I use a Unix based operating system, which means I get laid almost as often
as I have to reboot my computer.

Pascal Hambourg

Mar 5, 2016, 5:01:45 PM3/5/16
Ruben Di Battista a écrit :

> I need to install CentOs 7 on a UEFI machine manually. The strategy I'm
> following is to install first the system on the first hard disk /dev/sda
> and then migrate the data to the md arrays. Well, i get "Boot Failed"
> and I cannot really figure it out why.

What do you mean by "migrate the data to the md arrays" ?
No, thanks. It's Usenet here, not the web. Would you point to a Usenet
post in a web forum ?

Pascal Hambourg

Mar 5, 2016, 5:02:57 PM3/5/16
Pascal Hambourg a écrit :
> Ruben Di Battista a écrit :
>> I need to install CentOs 7 on a UEFI machine manually. The strategy I'm
>> following is to install first the system on the first hard disk /dev/sda
>> and then migrate the data to the md arrays. Well, i get "Boot Failed"
>> and I cannot really figure it out why.
>
> What do you mean by "migrate the data to the md arrays" ?

More specifically : did you touch the EFI system partition in any way ?
You must not.