Error in starting Apache with php jailed environment in Centos7 (Random number generator error)

Ameerkhan Mohamed

Mar 21, 2018, 2:48:30 AM3/21/18
I am planning to use PHP version 5.6.31. Hence, i compiled and installed OPENSSl-1.0.1, PCRE-8.41, CURL 7.55.1, APACHE-2.4.27. Everything built in 64 bit configuration.
I did bundle the chroot environment in the machine. Copied every dependency library in the bundled folder

Ran the following commands to make dev folder
mknod /chroot_jail/dev/null c 1 3
chown root.sys /chroot_jail/dev/null
chmod 666 /chroot_jail/dev/null
chmod 777 /chroot_jail/tmp

Then, when we tried to run the apache with the following command, we faced error

/usr/sbin//chroot /chroot_jail /apache/bin/httpd -k start

Error : ah00141: could not initialize random number generator

We tried the following idea to fix it, but nothing worked.

Idea 1 : cp /usr/lib/systemd/system/rngd.service /etc/systemd/system
Edit the /etc/systemd/system/rngd.service file and replace the line starting with ExecStart with:
ExecStart=/sbin/rngd -f -r /dev/urandom
Reload the Systemd configuration:
systemctl daemon-reload
Restart the rngd service:
systemctl restart rngd
Idea 2 : Tried compiling apr and apr-util separately and then installed apache by giving external path.

Guide me in this issue, please.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ameer