Confused about redhat repos

davidbre...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2017, 9:46:23 PM2/25/17
Hello

I am in an environment that has been badly configured. We have about 100 redhat systems with about 100 different configurations.

I am a bit confused on how systems go from redhat 7.1 to 7.2 to 7.3.

Would redhat 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 use the same repos ?

Can I keep a system as a 7.2 system and not upgrade to 7.3 ?

We have alot of 6.8 redhat systems, would we upgrade from 6.8 to 7.3 or will that cause a problem ?

timfox123

Cyril Lopez

Feb 28, 2017, 1:45:55 PM2/28/17
Hello,

7.1 7.2 7.3 are minor update. It's mean if you are using the repo 7, you
have the last minor version basically. So if you want to freeze your
system, you have to use RH satellite or Spacewalk [1] (OpenSource version).

Enjoy.

[1] http://spacewalk.redhat.com/