How do I keep /usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip , etc. from running?

MAX

Sep 6, 2002, 9:07:08 PM9/6/02
I know I may be somewhat abusing RPM but I need to build an RPM for
another platform (building on Linux for AIX, + potentially other
platforms). The rpm contains java code, which is platform independant
but it also includes some binary libs for many platforms. I do not
need RPM to know what platform it is installing on as the package
internally knows which lib to use - so I use "--target noarch".

However no matter what I do rpm insists on calling
/usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip. I do not want it to strip any files - I like
them just the way they are (I notic. How do I convince RPM to drop
this silly notion.

My %install section is blank.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

-B

Rex Dieter

Sep 9, 2002, 3:36:13 PM9/9/02

"MAX" <billie_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> However no matter what I do rpm insists on calling
> /usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip. I do not want it to strip any files - I like
> them just the way they are (I notic. How do I convince RPM to drop
> this silly notion.

Here's a snippet from a recent XFree specfile that might help:

# Disable rpm from stripping XFree86's modules, etc...
%define __spec_install_post /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress

--
Rex Dieter
Computer System Administrator