vsftpd "425 Security: Bad IP connecting" error

Ferindo Middleton, Jr

Jul 25, 2003, 10:07:49 AM7/25/03
I am running RH Linux 9 (personal ed.).

I am using vsftpd as my ftp server. The daemon starts fine.

If I ftp to localhost everything works fine.

But if I ftp to my DNS name (i.e. ftp.mydomain.com) I can login fine
(in both cases I am logging in anonymously). But as soon as I try to
do an 'ls' I receive this error: "425 Security: Bad IP connecting".

I thought that if I added this line: "ALL:ALL" to my /etc/hosts.allow
file that everything should be allowed, but I guess that isn't enough.
I'm assuming the problem I have is because my server is behind a
firewall and requests are being forward to this server from a router.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!