Xconfigurator blanks screen hangs locks up system

Martin

Oct 22, 2003, 11:33:50 PM10/22/03
I've looked at several google email threads that refer to this happening
but none of them have really given a plausible solution to why this is
happening?
My system is running Redhat 7.2
Is dual boot to boot up under Windoze 95 as well.

My Trident video card and Cybervision monitor work just fine under W95,
and also work fine under rh72.

But when I try to run Xconfigurator, just after I click to test my
configuration, the screen blanks and my system hangs and locks up
completely - no ctrl-alt-bksp NOTHING!!

I have to push my reset button to reboot my system.

I've tried configuring in Xconfigurator, as just a generic card and
generic monitor - BUT the same tihng happens !!!

Got any ideas !!??

Martin

Oct 23, 2003, 9:42:50 PM10/23/03