How to Uninstall the GRUB boot loader?

1 view

Leslie

Jul 10, 2003, 3:24:59 AM7/10/03
How to Install the GRUB boot loader?

Pardon me if I'm cross-posting to too many, or to inappropriate
groups.
I'm a newbie, trying to install Linux for the first time. I won't
describe
the problems I've had here trying to install Red Hat 8.0 on a machine
with an ASUS P4s533 motherboard. But'd like to try afresh, with a
different flavor of Linux. I've read that Mandrake 9.1 is pretty good
this hardware.

But how to uninstall the GRUB boot loader? It's not sufficient to
reformat the partition on my drive that I assigned to Linux. Or is it?

Thanks!

Leslie

lllaw2@yahoo.<scratch-this>.com

Krzysiek Pawlik

Jul 10, 2003, 4:57:07 AM7/10/03
Leslie wrote (he/she claims at least so):

> But how to uninstall the GRUB boot loader? It's not sufficient to
> reformat the partition on my drive that I assigned to Linux. Or is it?

Install MDK and choose other bootloader - it'll overwrite the GRUB.

--
Krzysiek 'Nelchael' Pawlik krzysie...@people.pl
mdk 9.1 2.4.21-0.13custom on athlon-xp http://www.ps.nq.pl/nelchael/

mjt

Jul 10, 2003, 10:32:02 PM7/10/03
Leslie wrote:

> But how to uninstall the GRUB boot loader? It's not sufficient to
> reformat the partition on my drive that I assigned to Linux. Or is it?

... MDK will, if you specify, overwrite the current grub
.
\\\ http://pages.sbcglobal.net/mtobler/mjt_linux_page.html ///
The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can
be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.
-- Elizabeth Taylor