Mozilla/Netscape crashes X server

Vasil

Oct 3, 2003, 9:44:48 AM10/3/03
I am running RH 8.0. Recently (a week ago) my X server began to hang
up real bad! I managed to narrow down the problem. It is not a window
manager issue. Same thing happens on Windowmaker, KDE or GNOME. X does
not crash it simply overloads my CPU.
Unfortunately there are no errors in the XFree86.log file. I further
noticed that X hangs especially when Netscape/Mozilla/Firebird
browsers are being used. Everything seems to work just fine when using
Konqueror! I have the feeling that the root of all evil is a problem
with the fonts. I have my up2date agent updating my machine every week
and the recently it updated all of my fonts.
Has anyone had the same problems? All advices are deeply appreciated?