anybody who can help me redhat linux 9

tek

Nov 29, 2003, 6:57:20 PM11/29/03
Hello good hearted linux folks:

Due to hard drive crash or something, I lost all my windows systems
and the data and not able to reinstall again with dual booting with
linux.

However, I have in my computer on linux redhat 9 installed and I would
like to do everything I was doing in windows, word processing, some
programming etc.....etc...play games chat...

I purchased a book (Redhat 9 linux unleashed) and following the book
in learning...linux...but i'm so overwhelmed ..i'm progressing very
fast...e.g;
in the book while writing scripts it uses e.g; (sign)$, sometimes it
uses (sign) #useradd cindy, what exactly is the difference between $
and # prompt.

I am not able to go root directory and neither i'm able to add userid
since it says u don't have something....

Is it possible to chat in messanger or talk in phone with some one
who can guide me in these titty bitty thing in linux....

thanks in advance!

thet...@yahoo.com