Using cu and terminal type on remote system

Tim Underwood

Dec 5, 2001, 9:27:59 AM12/5/01
Having a problem with terminal definitions when using cu to dial up another
linux system. (Give me a break, it's taken me 2 years to get them to change
from another *nix system to Linux, so I'll get it to change the applications
to use ppp next time around).

I have two "identically" configured RH 7.0 boxes, both running X-windows.
My applications are terminal apps, so I use xterm binary within X for my
apps (also, TERM=xterm). I use cu to dial up the other Linux box, but my
terminal config seems to be all messed up. I can set the remote side to
TERM=xterm, and export TERM, and most things seem to work, but there are
some keys that seem to refuse to work properly.

For instance, backspace seems to have a new definition. I can use ctrl-h,
and it works as it should.

So, what am I missing? Or is cu highjacking some of the keys?