I have found that the
is not the only
one related to misconfiguration of the usbip driver and tools.
A few weeks ago the similar bug
It seems that the configuration of usbip is fragile, and it is easy to
make a mistake leading to the setup that doesn't work correctly.
I suppose, that additional mechanisms should be added to prevent such
1. It should be checked DURING THE COMPILATION, that the number of
ports in a single virtual hub does not exceed 128.
2. The MAXNPORT constant in tools/usb/usbip/libsrc/vhci_driver.h should
be defined as:
#define MAXNPORT ( VHCI_PORTS * VHCI_NR_HCS )
I have not tested the above modifications. If I find some time to verify
them, and if they are correct, I'll submit the official patches.
With best regards,
Wojciech M Zabolotny, PhD
Institute of Electronic Systems
Faculty of Electronics and Information Technology
Warsaw University of Technology