mmc0: unrecognised SCR structure version 1

127 views
Skip to first unread message

Rodolfo Giometti

unread,
May 30, 2007, 1:00:06 PM5/30/07
to
Hello,

using MMC/SD support on my PXA270 based board I get this error:

mmc0: unrecognised SCR structure version 1

when I insert a MINISD card.

I tried to find on the net some specifications for the SCR structure
version 1 but I found nothing useful... someone has a similar problem
or can suggest to me where I can find such specifications?

Thanks,

Rodolfo

--

GNU/Linux Solutions e-mail: giom...@enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver giom...@gnudd.com
Embedded Systems giom...@linux.it
UNIX programming phone: +39 349 2432127
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majo...@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/

Pierre Ossman

unread,
Jun 3, 2007, 8:10:09 AM6/3/07
to
Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> using MMC/SD support on my PXA270 based board I get this error:
>
> mmc0: unrecognised SCR structure version 1
>
> when I insert a MINISD card.
>
> I tried to find on the net some specifications for the SCR structure
> version 1 but I found nothing useful... someone has a similar problem
> or can suggest to me where I can find such specifications?
>

To my knowledge, no such version exists. So either your card is broken or you
have some transfer problem on your board. What's the name of this card and have
you tried any others?

--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org
PulseAudio, core developer http://pulseaudio.org
rdesktop, core developer http://www.rdesktop.org

Rodolfo Giometti

unread,
Jun 3, 2007, 11:00:19 AM6/3/07
to
On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 02:03:29PM +0200, Pierre Ossman wrote:
>
> To my knowledge, no such version exists. So either your card is broken or you
> have some transfer problem on your board. What's the name of this card and have
> you tried any others?

I suppose the same... but this is the only cards who gives me such
problems! What do you think it could be the problem? Maybe some PXA
MMC special settings?

The card is a 512MB MiniSD by Viking InterWorks.

Thanks,

Rodolfo

--

GNU/Linux Solutions e-mail: giom...@enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver giom...@gnudd.com
Embedded Systems giom...@linux.it
UNIX programming phone: +39 349 2432127

Pierre Ossman

unread,
Jun 6, 2007, 2:10:11 PM6/6/07
to
Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> I suppose the same... but this is the only cards who gives me such
> problems! What do you think it could be the problem? Maybe some PXA
> MMC special settings?
>

I'm afraid I have little experience with PXA. Perhaps you can find
someone on the linux arm kernel mailing list with more insight?

> The card is a 512MB MiniSD by Viking InterWorks.
>
>

Sounds like a fairly common card. Cards so broken that they give an
incorrect scr version should be rare, so I would guess that there is
some transfer problem with the PXA. I don't suppose you have any other
linux based platforms to test the card in?

Rgds

--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org
PulseAudio, core developer http://pulseaudio.org
rdesktop, core developer http://www.rdesktop.org

-

Rodolfo Giometti

unread,
Jun 6, 2007, 3:30:11 PM6/6/07
to
On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 08:06:25PM +0200, Pierre Ossman wrote:
>
> I'm afraid I have little experience with PXA. Perhaps you can find
> someone on the linux arm kernel mailing list with more insight?

I already asked for.

> Sounds like a fairly common card. Cards so broken that they give an
> incorrect scr version should be rare, so I would guess that there is
> some transfer problem with the PXA. I don't suppose you have any other
> linux based platforms to test the card in?

Unluckily not! :'(

Ciao,

Rodolfo

--

GNU/Linux Solutions e-mail: giom...@enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver giom...@gnudd.com
Embedded Systems giom...@linux.it
UNIX programming phone: +39 349 2432127

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages