Unable to access the net on LAN cable with knoppix on a winxp

Jul

Nov 6, 2003, 4:35:14 PM11/6/03
Hi I downloaded knoppix and placed it on a cdr, it booted ok, all the
programs worked, except I find that I cannot connect to the net, I
have no idea what to type or where to type for the internet access. I
have never used unix and do not understand why winxp would auto
recognise my LAN connection and knoppix won't.

I basically know my ip address for my cable provider and where to put
it in internet explorer thats about the level of my network knowledge.

thanks for any help.