Whats the best Linux Version?????

Stinger

Sep 20, 2003, 3:48:22 PM9/20/03
Im not to sure if this is the correct place to be posting this but...
I was wondering what version of linux would be the best for me.
I would be using it for normal home use(on my laptop, which is brand
new)and also i hav GCSEs coming up so ill need it 4 them also.
I was thinking of getting SuSe
Would this be a reasonable choice

I await ur replys
Stinger

Plz email me @ Master_Ja...@hotmail.com
ty

David W. Legg

Sep 21, 2003, 2:17:40 PM9/21/03
Check whether your hardware is supported first on the SuSE web site.

Aaron McCall

Oct 22, 2003, 10:17:09 PM10/22/03
Suse is a great distro for Laptop's (I've always had good results) and is a
good distro in general with regards to hardware compatibility, ease of use,
etc. Anything server side, I'd recommend Debian.
Aaron.

"Stinger" <uzinuz...@msn.com> wrote in message

Sober

Nov 20, 2003, 5:32:09 AM11/20/03
uzinuz...@msn.com (Stinger) Woke up and decided to grace this newsgroup
to say news:e88203c6.03092...@posting.google.com:

Prefer here, I dont like spam, I have been told Mandrake is the easiest
install.
HTH

--
Sober

On the Subject of Poofie Boi P:M:D,aka, Sober Pleaseeeee, makeMe Dance
Frozen North
Made the statement
>>P:M:D must have floated in as a child from France on a leaky
>>innertube.
>could explain a few things, do you think he hit himself over the head
>with a baseball bat ?
Maybe he did, after he enjoyed the feeling of having it up his ass,
hence Poopie Mental Disorder.

rflachs

Nov 24, 2003, 8:22:21 PM11/24/03
Dear Sober,
I am using Red Hat ver 9. It installed very well, and have had no
problems with it. I would suggest the KDE environment when you set your
system up.
Good Luck
RF

Sober

Nov 25, 2003, 3:22:52 AM11/25/03
rflachs <rfl...@comcast.net> Woke up and decided to grace this
newsgroup to say news:wOmdnaPO1Pl...@comcast.com:

> Sober wrote:
>> uzinuz...@msn.com (Stinger) Woke up and decided to grace this
>> newsgroup to say
>>

>>>Im not to sure if this is the correct place to be posting this but...
>>>I was wondering what version of linux would be the best for me.
>>>I would be using it for normal home use(on my laptop, which is brand
>>>new)and also i hav GCSEs coming up so ill need it 4 them also.
>>>I was thinking of getting SuSe
>>>Would this be a reasonable choice
>>>
>>>I await ur replys
>>>Stinger
>>>

>>>Plz email me @ Master_Ja...@hotmail.com
>>>ty
>>>

>> Prefer here, I dont like spam, I have been told Mandrake is the
>> easiest install.
>> HTH
>>

> Dear Sober,
> I am using Red Hat ver 9. It installed very well, and have had no
> problems with it. I would suggest the KDE environment when you set
> your system up.
> Good Luck
> RF

OK, I`m gonna run both Rad hat and Mandrake on the same machine :)
thankz

Walczyk

Dec 20, 2003, 10:59:21 PM12/20/03
Sober wrote:

You shouldn't dual boot if you don't have to, because in the end you'll
only use one operating system anyway. Red hat's easier and I hear Red
Hat 10 (Fedora) is pretty sweet.

Sober

Dec 21, 2003, 4:28:12 AM12/21/03
Walczyk <cant...@sbcglobal.net> Woke up and decided to grace this
newsgroup to say news:3FE51A0F...@sbcglobal.net:

>> OK, I`m gonna run both Rad hat and Mandrake on the same machine :)
>> thankz
>>
> You shouldn't dual boot if you don't have to, because in the end you'll
> only use one operating system anyway. Red hat's easier and I hear Red
> Hat 10 (Fedora) is pretty sweet.

I only install Linux, to play with it, not to use it as a replacement.