how to install linux through network?

1 view

hellopig

Jun 29, 2003, 12:28:15 AM6/29/03
Hello all,

I have a PC without CDROM and I want to install REDHAT9 to this pc
from an images on a network drive. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks for your help.

hellopig

Aaron McCall

Oct 21, 2003, 2:44:05 PM10/21/03
I'm not sure about RedHat, I havent used it in years. But with Debian and a
few other distros, you can do ftp installs.
Aaron.

"hellopig" <hell...@newsgroup.com.hk> wrote in message

Noi

Oct 23, 2003, 2:07:33 AM10/23/03

Directions would be on the README from the install CD on the network. OP
should visit www.redhat.com/docs and lookup network installs from RH's
online installation documentation. I think its mostly setting up a tftp
connection then beginning the install. Details on the RH site.