Keyboard question

James Colby

Dec 1, 2003, 3:40:39 PM12/1/03
I am a linux newbie, and I have a question about configuring my
keyboard. I would like to set up KDE so that when I hit the backspace
key the key sequence that is sent to my shell is ^?

Does anyone have any idea how I can do that.

Thanks,
James

dpu...@us.ibm.com

Dec 8, 2003, 10:15:53 AM12/8/03
If what you are wanting to do is get the backspace key to work correctly,
the stty command will do that. I think the syntax is "stty erase ^?".
Take a look at the man/info page for stty.