[gentoo-user] NetworkManager service is in inactive state

p...@xvalheru.org

Nov 25, 2022, 7:10:03 AM11/25/22
Hi,

after packages full update NetworkManager is in inactive state
(rc-status). The NM version is 1.40.2. I've search web but without luck.
Can someone give me a hint how to fix it?

Thanks

Pat

Freehosting PIPNI - http://www.pipni.cz/

p...@xvalheru.org

Dec 9, 2022, 4:00:04 AM12/9/22
On 2022-11-25 13:08, p...@xvalheru.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after packages full update NetworkManager is in inactive state
> (rc-status). The NM version is 1.40.2. I've search web but without
> luck. Can someone give me a hint how to fix it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Pat

Hi,

Sorry for this post. It turns out that it was caused by slowly dying
wifi router. It was dying for 3 weeks; I was able to see and use the
network from Ubuntu laptop but not from Gentoo one, thus I've panicked.
Now the router is finally dead.