[gentoo-user] metasploit jumping into "emerge -uDN world"

Zhu

Dec 29, 2013, 7:50:01 AM12/29/13
Hello, every time that i try to made a "emerge -uDN world", metasploit jump in the process installation. I've check and there aren't dependencies ask for him:

[root@asgard ~]$ equery d net-analyzer/metasploit
 * These packages depend on net-analyzer/metasploit:
[root@asgard ~]$ equery d dev-ruby/metasploit_data_models
 * These packages depend on dev-ruby/metasploit_data_models:
[root@asgard ~]$ equery d app-admin/eselect-metasploit
* These packages depend on app-admin/eselect-metasploit:

but,

[root@asgard ~]$ emerge -pvauDN world

Calculating dependencies                             ... done!
[ebuild   R    ] sys-devel/gcc-4.8.2:4.8 [4.8.2:4.8.2] USE="cxx fortran gcj go graphite mudflap (multilib) multislot nls nptl objc objc++ objc-gc openmp (-altivec) -awt% -doc (-fixed-point) (-hardened) (-libssp) -nopie -nossp -regression-test -vanilla (-gtk%*) (-lto%)" 0 kB
[ebuild  N     ] net-analyzer/metasploit-4.8.2:4.8  USE="java lorcon pcap (-development) {-test}" 0 kB

Total: 2 packages (1 new, 1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB

How to discover what are putting metasploit into "updatable world list"?

Regards

Hinnerk van Bruinehsen

Dec 29, 2013, 8:50:01 AM12/29/13
Zhu <zhush...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>Hello, every time that i try to made a "emerge -uDN world", metasploit
>jump in the process installation. I've check and there aren't
>dependencies ask for him:
>
>/[root@asgard ~]$ equery d net-analyzer/metasploit//
>// * These packages depend on net-analyzer/metasploit://
>//[root@asgard ~]$ equery d dev-ruby/metasploit_data_models//
>// * These packages depend on dev-ruby/metasploit_data_models://
>//[root@asgard ~]$ equery d app-admin/eselect-metasploit
>* These packages depend on app-admin/eselect-metasploit://
>/
>
>but,
>
>/[root@asgard ~]$ emerge -pvauDN world
>
>These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
>
>Calculating dependencies ... done!
>[ebuild R ] sys-devel/gcc-4.8.2:4.8 [4.8.2:4.8.2] USE="cxx fortran
>gcj go graphite mudflap (multilib) multislot nls nptl objc objc++
>objc-gc openmp (-altivec) -awt% -doc (-fixed-point) (-hardened)
>(-libssp) -nopie -nossp -regression-test -vanilla (-gtk%*) (-lto%)" 0
>kB
>[ebuild N ] net-analyzer/metasploit-4.8.2:4.8 USE="java lorcon
>pcap (-development) {-test}" 0 kB
>
>Total: 2 packages (1 new, 1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
>/
>How to discover what are putting metasploit into "updatable world
>list"?

Most likely metasploit itself is in world. You can check you worldfile with your favourite editor (/var/lib/portage/world). It should also be printed bold in the emerge output if your terminal supports it

Neil Bothwick

Dec 29, 2013, 9:50:02 AM12/29/13
On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 14:47:21 +0100, Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:

> >How to discover what are putting metasploit into "updatable world
> >list"?
> >

> Most likely metasploit itself is in world. You can check you worldfile
> with your favourite editor (/var/lib/portage/world). It should also be
> printed bold in the emerge output if your terminal supports it

Adding --tree to the emerge world command will show you what is pulling
it in. Once installed, emerge -ca metasploit will show you what needs it.

--
Neil Bothwick

Mac screen message: "Like, dude, something went wrong."
signature.asc

Zhu

Dec 29, 2013, 11:00:01 AM12/29/13
Yeah, metasploit is in there. Is it safe just remove him from the file?

Anyway, thank you.

Regards

Bruce Hill

Dec 29, 2013, 4:50:02 PM12/29/13
On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 01:54:48PM -0200, Zhu wrote:

> > Most likely metasploit itself is in world. You can check you worldfile with your favourite editor (/var/lib/portage/world). It should also be printed bold in the emerge output if your terminal supports it
> >

> Yeah, metasploit is in there. Is it safe just remove him from the file?

Yes
--
List replies preferred.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting

Alan McKinnon

Dec 29, 2013, 5:40:02 PM12/29/13
yes, and it will be removed from the system next time you run
"emerge --depclean"

To remove it immediately run

"emerge -avC metasploit"

But the big question is, do you want to keep that package or not?
You didn't say if you want it, you only wondered why it was being updated.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.m...@gmail.com

Zhu

Dec 30, 2013, 8:00:01 AM12/30/13
I don't want it. But, problem solved. Thank you.

Regards