[gentoo-user] What's the connection between PyCharm and Vim?

1 view

Grant Edwards

Nov 1, 2022, 2:30:05 PM11/1/22
On https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/PyCharm_Community_Edition:

See also

* Vim — a text editor based on the vi text editor.

So what's the special connection between PyCharm and Vim that it
should be the only thing mentioned in the "see also" section?

Why not a a similar link to emacs?

Miles Malone

Nov 1, 2022, 4:30:04 PM11/1/22
Probably because pycharm's got vim compatibility in its editor, and
does not have emacs compatibility in its editor

Grant Edwards

Nov 1, 2022, 6:50:04 PM11/1/22
On 2022-11-01, Miles Malone <m.ma...@homicidalteddybear.net> wrote:

> Probably because pycharm's got vim compatibility in its editor, and
> does not have emacs compatibility in its editor

Huh?

In Settings/Keymap, the choices are:

XWin
Emacs
GNOME
KDE
Sublime Text
Windows

I have it set to emacs, and it seems to work as my fingers expect. [My
fingers have been using emacs for 35 years.]

--
Grant