64-bit Data PCI Bus Transactions

Don

Jul 7, 2004, 9:03:34 PM7/7/04
Anyone know of any recourses discussing how to force a 64-bit data word on a
PCI bus? We are using a Tyan motherboard with AMD64 processors. The slots
are PCI-X. While DMA operations which appear to originate from the PCI SCSI
controller are 64-bits (data) wide, code written to write to a memory mapped
card always seems to generate 32-bit data transactions. This despite
running the 64-bit version of the 2.6 kernel and declaring the variable as
being long (8 bytes).

Any thoughts?!

Thanks!

Don