clamav.securite.com no longer exists

David Wright

Mar 24, 2016, 11:50:04 PM3/24/16
Having just got used to a daily message from apt-cacher-ng (presumably
because of changes in sid's archive), I'm now getting a 4-hourly
slew of messages from clamav saying
curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'clamav.securiteinfo.com'

I stumbled upon
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/clamav/users/63524
and wondered if the ball is in my court or the Debian maintainer's.

Cheers,
David.

Arnaud Jacques / SecuriteInfo.com

Mar 25, 2016, 4:20:04 AM3/25/16
Hello,

The debian packages clamav-unofficial-sigs use an old script from
sanesecurity.
I suggest to use this new script for this package :

https://github.com/extremeshok/clamav-unofficial-sigs

It is recommanded by sanesecurity itself :
http://sanesecurity.com/usage/linux-scripts/
and
http://lists.clamav.net/pipermail/clamav-users/2015-May/001521.html

--
Best regards,

Arnaud Jacques
SecuriteInfo.com

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/SecuriteInfocom/132872523492286
Twitter : @SecuriteInfoCom

Ric Moore

Mar 25, 2016, 12:00:06 PM3/25/16
On 03/25/2016 04:18 AM, Arnaud Jacques / SecuriteInfo.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The debian packages clamav-unofficial-sigs use an old script from
> sanesecurity.
> I suggest to use this new script for this package :
>
> https://github.com/extremeshok/clamav-unofficial-sigs
>
> It is recommanded by sanesecurity itself :
> http://sanesecurity.com/usage/linux-scripts/
> and
> http://lists.clamav.net/pipermail/clamav-users/2015-May/001521.html

OTOH it also might be better to use what is in the repos as opposed to
something gleaned off of github, with potentially zilch for security.
3rd party repos can lead to many tears. :( Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html

Arnaud Jacques / SecuriteInfo.com

Mar 25, 2016, 12:30:04 PM3/25/16
Hello,

> OTOH it also might be better to use what is in the repos

Even if what's in repos is old and obsolete ?

> as opposed to
> something gleaned off of github, with potentially zilch for security.
> 3rd party repos can lead to many tears. :( Ric

It is not just "something gleaned off of github", it is the new version of
clamav-unofficial-sigs script, originaly written by Bill Landry/SaneSecurity
and now maintained by eXtremeSHOK.com.

Lisi Reisz

Mar 25, 2016, 1:30:05 PM3/25/16
On Friday 25 March 2016 16:21:50 Arnaud Jacques / SecuriteInfo.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > OTOH it also might be better to use what is in the repos
>
> Even if what's in repos is old and obsolete ?
>
> > as opposed to
> > something gleaned off of github, with potentially zilch for security.
> > 3rd party repos can lead to many tears. :( Ric
>
> It is not just "something gleaned off of github", it is the new version of
> clamav-unofficial-sigs script, originaly written by Bill
> Landry/SaneSecurity and now maintained by eXtremeSHOK.com.

Yes - gleaned from github.

Lisi