Installing an archive version of Debian

David Hoff Jr

Sep 30, 2022, 6:50:05 PM9/30/22
I am attempting to install 32 bit Debian 7 to a old netbook which is the
last version of Debian where the text to speech voice Voxin IBM voice
works correctly in the console..
In the text installer, when given the choice to choose a mirror I choose
choice number 1 which is to do it manually. I am then asked 2 questions,
the (1) host name and (2) the directory.
1. what do I use for the "host name"
2. What do I use for the "directory"

Thanks
--
<dho...@att.net>

David Wright

Sep 30, 2022, 10:50:05 PM9/30/22
On Fri 30 Sep 2022 at 15:47:21 (-0700), David Hoff Jr wrote:
> I am attempting to install 32 bit Debian 7 to a old netbook which is the
> last version of Debian where the text to speech voice Voxin IBM voice
> works correctly in the console..
> In the text installer, when given the choice to choose a mirror I choose
> choice number 1 which is to do it manually. I am then asked 2 questions,
> the (1) host name and (2) the directory.
> 1. what do I use for the "host name"

archive.debian.org

> 2. What do I use for the "directory"

/debian