Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Martin Lemmen

ungelesen,
22.06.2006, 06:40:0922.06.06
an

install-.txt
update-log_snipped.txt

martin f krafft

ungelesen,
22.06.2006, 06:50:1422.06.06
an
also sprach Martin Lemmen <mle...@gmx.net> [2006.06.22.1732 +0200]:
> E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Dynamic+MMap+ran+out+of+room%22&btnI=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky
(http://justfuckinggoogleit.com/)

.''`. martin f. krafft <mad...@debian.org>
: :' : proud Debian developer and author: http://debiansystem.info
`. `'`
`- Debian - when you have better things to do than fixing a system

"the public is wonderfully tolerant.
it forgives everything except genius."
-- oscar wilde

signature.asc

Martin Lemmen

ungelesen,
22.06.2006, 07:30:2822.06.06
an

martin f krafft

ungelesen,
22.06.2006, 07:50:0922.06.06
an
also sprach Martin Lemmen <mle...@gmx.net> [2006.06.22.1820 +0200]:

> i just did as said page advises, and i still get the same error message.

Mh. Have you tried increasing the value to 32k?

I have never hit the 16k limit, even with
stable/testing/unstable/experimental and a bunch of other archives
in sources.list...

.''`. martin f. krafft <mad...@debian.org>
: :' : proud Debian developer and author: http://debiansystem.info
`. `'`
`- Debian - when you have better things to do than fixing a system

perl -e 'print "The earth is a disk!\n" if ( "earth" == "flat" );'

signature.asc

Martin Lemmen

ungelesen,
22.06.2006, 08:00:1622.06.06
an

martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Martin Lemmen <mle...@gmx.net> [2006.06.22.1820 +0200]:
>
>>i just did as said page advises, and i still get the same error message.
>

> Mh. Have you tried increasing the value to 32k?

i tried out the following, and now it's working. leaving me with the
error message of the bzip subprocess ...

APT::Cache-Limit "141943904";

regards, martin
- --

uses pgp!
public key available: keyserver.net
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFEmslJRcSrrNk2wygRAt0GAJ9ysJRjBu1d4GRTBOYWxvDEypteIgCgnhnq
X96EWbujK5ZqZhBai8nrPBs=
=Bm2X

martin f krafft

ungelesen,
22.06.2006, 08:10:0922.06.06
an
also sprach Martin Lemmen <mle...@gmx.net> [2006.06.22.1846 +0200]:
> APT::Cache-Limit "141943904";

woooooho. I don't even set this anymore and:

$ grep -v '^#' /etc/apt/sources.list | wc -l
34 /etc/apt/sources.list

Anyway, I think your bzip2 problems may be related to a caching
proxy somewhere between you and Debian. Try using ftp2.de and see if
the problem remains. If it does not, wait for the cache to expire
the ftp.de entries (5 days maybe) and change back. Or stay with
ftp2.de.

.''`. martin f. krafft <mad...@debian.org>
: :' : proud Debian developer and author: http://debiansystem.info
`. `'`
`- Debian - when you have better things to do than fixing a system

if loving linux is wrong, i don't want to be right.

signature.asc

Eduard Bloch

ungelesen,
22.06.2006, 20:30:1822.06.06
an
#include <hallo.h>
* martin f krafft [Thu, Jun 22 2006, 02:03:55PM]:

> also sprach Martin Lemmen <mle...@gmx.net> [2006.06.22.1846 +0200]:
> > APT::Cache-Limit "141943904";
>
> woooooho. I don't even set this anymore and:
>
> $ grep -v '^#' /etc/apt/sources.list | wc -l
> 34 /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> Anyway, I think your bzip2 problems may be related to a caching
> proxy somewhere between you and Debian. Try using ftp2.de and see if
> the problem remains. If it does not, wait for the cache to expire
> the ftp.de entries (5 days maybe) and change back. Or stay with
> ftp2.de.

Not neccesarily. I have seen apt processing spew weird messages WRT broken
bzip2 decompression. Apparently something is buggy there, but the
problem disappears after rerunning update.

Eduard.

martin f krafft

ungelesen,
22.06.2006, 21:00:1422.06.06
an
also sprach Eduard Bloch <e...@gmx.de> [2006.06.23.0204 +0200]:

> Not neccesarily. I have seen apt processing spew weird messages
> WRT broken bzip2 decompression. Apparently something is buggy
> there, but the problem disappears after rerunning update.

Now that you mention it, I did see this once before, but it turned
out to be faulty RAM causing it.

.''`. martin f. krafft <mad...@debian.org>
: :' : proud Debian developer and author: http://debiansystem.info
`. `'`
`- Debian - when you have better things to do than fixing a system

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

if con is the opposite of pro, is congress the opposite of progress?

signature.asc
Allen antworten
Dem Autor antworten
Weiterleiten