Mysql backup on Google Drive

Remigio

Sep 28, 2022, 6:10:05 AM9/28/22
Hi everyone,
I've been using a mysql database for a long time, that runs on a Debian 5 Lenny machine. Using "cron" I locally backup it and overwrite every hour, and I manually backup it every week on a usb pen.
I'm wondering if it's possible to automatically send the .sql file created via cron to a Google Drive account. That file is usually about 200 Mb.
Thanks for helping me

--
Remigio

Dan Ritter

Sep 28, 2022, 6:50:06 AM9/28/22
The package rclone can do this.

-dsr-

Remigio

Sep 28, 2022, 7:50:06 AM9/28/22
> The package rclone can do this.
unfortunately I can't find Rclone package
Furter information?
Thanks

Махно

Sep 28, 2022, 8:00:06 AM9/28/22
Hello. Rclone is in official Debian repo. Just check this

https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/rclone

Tim Woodall

Sep 28, 2022, 10:20:05 AM9/28/22
Wild guess, but lenny probably predates google drive so rclone won't be
present unless you can backport. (someone can check the dates but IIRC
lenny updates finished and google drive started about 10 years ago.)

I appreciate that sometimes upgrading can be tricky, but unless there
are overwhelming reasons why you cannot, installing a more recent OS
(and testing the restore from backup) would appear to be a better use of
your time.

If not, then scp the backup to another machine and upload from there.

Tim.